Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Mixtape

  1. What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
    I found this song online and I absolutely loved it. To me, it's personal. "I can tell just what you want. You don't want to be alone, you don't want to be alone. And I can't say just what you know, but you've known it the whole time, yes you've known it the whole time." That just sounds like a cry out for someone to help. I don't want to be alone. I feel like this song is about me.
 I don't remember exactly where I first heard this song, but I know that it stuck with me ever since. It's wordless, obviously, but it gets to me and hits straight in my soul. This is the one song that can calm me down and make me relax, no matter what. This is my go to song on a bad day, or when I'm crying and falling apart, or even when I'm happy. It's soothing. It's perfect for every emotion.

This song is personal for me as well as calming. For some reason, even as sad as the lyrics are, the music just gets to my soul and calms me down instantly. "Voices, I play within my head. Touch my own skin, and hope that I'm still breathing." This part gets to me for personal reasons dealing with my depression, and it hits me hard. Much harder than any lyric has ever hit me before.

This is a remake of The Smiths song, Asleep, done by one of my favorite actresses. I've always loved this song. "Don't try to wake me in the morning, 'cause I will be gone. Don't feel for me, I want you to know, deep in the cell of my heart I will feel so glad to go." This part gets to me on a personal level. I've been there. I know what it's like to feel like that and to have it put into lyrics is just.. chilling.

I heard this song online for the first time and it sent chills up my spine. It's so raw and emotional. This song is about letting go, something that I really struggle with, so it gets to me on a personal level. "I swear our jet is crashing in my mind. You can hold on but I wouldn't waste your time. Farewell my black balloon." Accepting letting go of something. It's chilling, in all honesty.
 
This song gets me every time to the point that I tear up each time I hear it. It's extremely personal here so I won't go into detail with my reasoning, but it hits me hard. It's very sentimental and comforting to me, to know that these things happen. I will be okay. "Run, run, run away. Lost, lost, lost my mind. Like you to stay, want you to be my prize." I relate to this. I sometimes feel like I'm breaking and everyone is leaving, and that I want nothing more than one single person to stay with me. 
 
One of my close friends showed me this song and it's scary how much I relate to it. "I'll wait, I'll wait, for the ambulance to come, pick us up off the floor. What did you possibly expect under this condition?" This line gets me. This song is about being so broken and bent and learning to live anyway. Dark Blue is a symbol of peace. 
 
This song is extremely personal for me, but I guess I'll explain it anyway. This song is about people pushing you and hurting you and breaking you until there's nothing left for them to kick around anymore. I relate to that so much. "Dear all of you who've wronged me, I am, I am, a zombie. Again, again, you want me to fall on my head. I am, I am, I am, a zombie. How low, how low, how low will you push me?" This explains it all. 

"Meet me under shining lights, I've been waiting right here all my life. Feelings, you can't deny that you are living, open up your eyes. And I just want to sink into your crazy laughter. Come on, make me feel until the pain don't matter." This part of the song gets me every time. It's the one line that I really relate to and that makes this song special, to me.

"Life goes on, it gets so heavy. The wheel breaks the butterfly. Every tear, a waterfall. In the night, the stormy night she closed her eyes. In the night, the stormy night, away she'd fly. And dreamed of paradise." This songs is personal for me. It shows that going on even though life really sucks sometimes is possible and that it's okay to not be okay, and it's okay to escape sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment